 Off-Topic / Debate / 12145
Re: Gun Control, Unnessesary Evil
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:07:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli writes:
Now that I have my ability to post again...

The whole idea of gun control (regardless of what the majority belive) is
uncostitutional.

If you are correct, why not just make it costitutional?

Because Gun Control is wrong.

What do you mean it is "wrong"? Is everynation which has gun control (I
expect most do) wrong then?

By Wrong I mean it is unconstitutional in the USA.  I explained why it is • wrong
beyond that in my original post.

So it is not "wrong" then?

Well if by "wrong" one means, morally, then no.  If by "wrong" one means, not a
good idea, then yes.  (After reading Lindsay's post I relized I needed to
clarify my statement)  I realize that my position is a minority one in this
discussion.  However I have yet to hear (anywhere not just Lugnet) a reason for
Gun Control that has any merit.  Gun Control only affects law abiding citizens.
It will never stop a criminal.

-Mike Petrucelli