 Off-Topic / Debate / 10691
  Re: Virtues of Veganism?

(...) I think this is a pretty one-sided analysis. All of those are cofactors and I think it would be pretty much an exercise in futility to try to say that one is the main culprit and the others are merely exacerbations. Something that an analysis (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Virtues of Veganism?

(...) But you must admit that you're reasoning from anecdotal evidence. Is recycling bad just because some communities (like mine, until recently) drop the ball? From previous exchanges I gather that you have no objection to recycling, in itself; (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Virtues of Veganism?

(...) Heart disease (arteriosclerosis) is characterized by the blockage and hardening of arteries in the body by cholesterol. Therefore, red meat IS the main culprit because of it's rich cholesterol content. Red meat was not a big part of the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Virtues of Veganism?

Here's some online info I found about that pilot whale massacre I mentioned: (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Virtues of Veganism?

(...) Having spent 10 years in the Penn State environment, wherein people leap to protest the slightest perceived injustice, I'm stunned that no one ever mentioned this, even at the ridiculous annual Earth Day merchandising bonanzas. Thank you for (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Virtues of Veganism?

(...) Yeah, it makes me wonder how much of the support of these very important environmental and ethical issues comes from genuine interest, and how much is just trendy, something-to-do fadism that comes and goes. In my opinion, all support is (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Virtues of Veganism?

What's sick is that 51% of voters say it should continue simply because it's a tradition! (...) -- | Tom Stangl, iPlanet Web Server Technical Support | Netscape Communications Corp | A division of AOL Time Warner | iPlanet Support - (URL) Please do (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Virtues of Veganism?

(...) Shameful. Still, that's a pretty close margin of support. Let's hope the voter support for the "Grind" keeps going down. Dan (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Virtues of Veganism?

(...) I've seen the cycle Dan describes many times. (...) I think what Chris means is that a lot of stuff that we put out at the curb to recycle is actually landfilled if there is no market for it. 'Recycled' newspapers are commonly discarded in (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Virtues of Veganism?

(...) I don't know the conspiracy side of it at all, but it make head head feel like an over ripe walnut waiting to explode. I just can't drink diet bevs, etc. Mostly I drink water and whole juices, so it's not really problem, but I do occasionally (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Virtues of Veganism?

(...) I mostly drink water and juice (and root beer). I can drink a coke every so often, but pepsi makes me sick.I don't know why. My mother was a diet coke drinker/diet food consumer until just a few years ago when she started to get severe migrine (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)