 Off-Topic / Debate / 10078
Re: the metric system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 13:05:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Timothy Culberson writes:
Christopher Tracey wrote:

yay or nay?

-chris

Abosolutely yay.  The US should get out of their redneck rut and realize
that they are decades behind the rest of the world when it comes to this
issue.

Sorry about that!

But isn't the Metric system an abomination in the eyes of God? After all,
the linear measure is based on human scientists gaining a true understanding
of the world and its workings. Whereas the linear measure in the Imperial
system is based on the size of  a royal (and therefore blessed by God, just
ask the church of england..) foot.

I guess I'm surprised to hear you come out on the side of science and
against the will of your god. <grin>

++Lar