 Off-Topic / Debate / 10077
Re: the metric system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:50:22 GMT

Timothy Culberson wrote:

Christopher Tracey wrote:

yay or nay?

-chris

Abosolutely yay.  The US should get out of their redneck rut and realize
that they are decades behind the rest of the world when it comes to this
issue.  The US is simply stinking up everybody else with their stupid
old system (especially here in Canada where we rely on so many of their
products and such).

Nice blanket statement ;)  I live in Tennessee (which is pretty near the
top of the Redneck-O-Meter), and I prefer metric over standard. It's
really an irrelevant issue, as most common conversions can be done in
one's head on the fly. That's not to say that the standard system isn't
silly, but it's what people here are used to, and it doesn't make bit of
difference if they use it. It's not like currency or something, where
the relative values change on a daily basis. An inch will always equal
2.54 cm.

--

Regards

Micah J. Mabelitini - LUGNET #918 - accutron@kih.net
The University of Kentucky - SECC Middlesboro ASC
http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/brickdreams/
http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/rcxbug/