 Off-Topic / Debate / *561 (-10)
  Re: Lego selling practices

(...) Right. This is, I think the crux of the disagreement. I think paying whatever a metroliner is 'worth' these days for one is foolish...sort of. It would be foolish for me because I'd rather have $300 (or whatever) worth of other stuff. For (...) (26 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sorry

(...) Think about what you're saying for a minute: If he's hellbent on doing it anyway, it's not morally wrong that he does it, and it's not hurting anyone except himself, it's not really any of your business whether I help him part with his cash or (...) (26 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sorry

(...) AMEN! Johannes Reevius, Pastorius Legorius (26 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Lego selling practices

<snip> (...) <Adam holds his nose and jumps in, flailing limbs wildly> The assumption that someone is being foolish is questionable. When the new Star Wars movies come out, I'll bet many fans would pay $50 to be able to sit in on the pre-screening (...) (26 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sorry

(...) Ok. :) (...) I see a bit of difference, yes. (...) You can't STOP people from acting foolishly, but you don't have to be the one to help a fool be parted from his money, do you? (26 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sorry

I don't agree. To me there is a fine, but pretty distinct, line between "If you have to have this RIGHT NOW, I'll hook you up, but you're gonna pay. It will be easily available later. Maybe you should wait." and "Star Wars is rare, it's going to (...) (26 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sorry

(...) I don't feel the need to hide my opinions in e-mail, so I'll just move this over to .debate. How is this different from others selling or auctioning their items? It just is. If I were to find a cache of Metroliners at a local store for $100 (...) (26 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Look, Larry, Todd, et al (was Re: TLG investigation and dynamics of bulk purchases)

Jesse said: (...) Agreed. The only point I was making in presenting counter arguments is that if there is a way to make easy money, sooner or later someone will find it. It doesn't matter whether you think it's moral or ethical or not. It doesn't (...) (26 years ago, 17-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Mark Tarrabain wrote in message <36C9B1D0.24C107D8@l....bc.ca>... (...) with a LEGO club (...) which can't (...) I think anything that furthers understanding (if only of people's positions) is good, even if the remaining 99% of the population has no (...) (26 years ago, 17-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Look, Larry, Todd, et al (was Re: TLG investigation and dynamics of bulk purchases)

</rant on> You know, I don't even care about bulk brick packages from TLG personally. A greater variety of service packs would be more than adequate as far as I'm concerned. Look, even if TLG had only the barest discount off of what you would pay (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact