 General / 2638
2637  |  2639
Subject:
Look, Larry, Todd, et al (was Re: TLG investigation and dynamics of bulk purchases)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 17:58:40 GMT

</rant on>

You know, I don't even care about bulk brick packages from TLG personally.  A greater
variety of service packs would be more than adequate as far as I'm concerned.  Look, even
if TLG had only the barest discount off of what you would pay for in a store (which, by
the way, LS@H already does a lot of the time), it'd still be worthwhile.  You guys are
talking about exceptions, and yes, there's always going to be exceptions, but arguing over
exceptions is hardly productive.  The vast majority of TLG's business through *ANY* club
is going to be from people who have no means of getting LEGO other than paying retail.  I
see no point to pointing out the exception to this, and making it out to be such a huge
deal that it's filled up over a dozen posts on this thread.  I made a comment, and hey, I
don't really care if TLG can't enforce it, even if people can avoid not breaking the
letter of the law, it's still underhanded, sneaky, unethical, and just plain wrong.

This thread started as a means to suggest to TLG some ideas on what to do with a LEGO club
and, at least with regards to my original post, has turned into an argument which can't
possibly be productive.

I won't comment any more on this matter.

Followups redirected to lugnet.off-topic.debate.

</rant off>

Mark