 Off-Topic / Debate / *5456 (-10)
  Re: Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy

Hi everyone - I'm new. I've been reading through a lot of the comments about the Lando figure, and my feelings are that surely it's all getting a bit deep. As far as I'm concerned, one important point is that we may well get a Lando figure in the (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy

(...) Pure bread or pure breed? In the latter case, because you have a fair idea of the size, purpose, and temperment of the dog. How much excercise and attention they need, how much space they require, are they good watchdogs, companion dogs, (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) AIDS (...) research (...) Reagan (...) amount (...) things (...) Well said Ed. AIDS is an entity which has changed they way we all live, that is why it was an issue. Here in the UK it was used as a stick to club gay men too a few years ago. (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) Geez Larry, instead of answering the question, your first thought is to relish the debate. (...) it (...) Special Interest groups huh. Need I remind anyone reading this that until "certain special interest groups" fought, protested, and (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Mike Petrucelli <lordinsanity@usa.net> wrote in message news:FtwLHM.HK4@lugnet.com... (...) man's (...) physical (...) lbs. (...) differnce. (...) Actually, by some measures it is. The inhabitants of central Africa (and elsewhere) must contend with (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy

(...) You're both being silly. They should use Belville pink. ;) oink, LFB (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) Botched cleanups by the Superfund, cigarette smoking, improper arrests leading to injuries in prison, the War on Drugs reducing life expectancy of inner city residents, oh, I dunno, Heart disease, Cancer maybe? (...) quite (...) The Reason (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy

(...) I think that's pretty insulting, actually. It'd be kinda like using a black head (with white inking? shades of the minstrel shows) for a black man. Or using LEGO yellow for Oriental people. (The only reason that's not insulting now is because (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) It definitely isn't an easy disease to transmit. You need it to enter the bloodstream directly either via needlestick injury or when bodily fluids enter thru an abrasion/cut/sore site. Maybe he meant that it's easy for others to be actually (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy

(...) First I am not blaming you Chris for using "race" in the manner which you did. Also I would never attempt to trivialize Dr. Martin Luthor King Jr.'s death. I simply can not understand why anyone cares what color skin I or anyone else has. I do (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact