 Off-Topic / Debate / *22816 (-20)
  Re: Seriously...

(...) I don't follow RM from group to group like you may, but his insults SEEM TO ME to be confined to .debate. As you know (or if you don't, it's time to leave, you really are as clueless as RM states), .debate has a different level/tolerance of (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Seriously...

(...) Then there are many people with 'log leashes', which brings bac the idea that we are all on the same playfield--it is not 'biased' towards any particular individual. If everyone has the same 'long leash', then the word 'long' cannot be applied (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Seriously...

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:HopMIA.1JF5@lugnet.com... (...) The ToS (...) so I (...) I must confess that I rarely read the parts of ToS that contains rules that apply to conduct and behaviuor (Part 5) as I (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Seriously...

(...) What I was responding to there was Tom's assertion that Jon be suspended as well. I questioned whether insults were really grounds for reprimand for if they were, RM has been guilty numerous times in the past without consequence (long leash). (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Seriously...

(...) " Nothing to follow. Jon expressed an opinion, and a rather benign one at that. Is this grounds for banishment? And even if insulting is grounds for banishment, I personally have endured countless personal attacks at the hands of RM; far worse (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Seriously...

(...) This was exactly my thought. Further, Todd has already established that he is extremely tolerant of disagreements and does not like to police them, I've seen far worse than Jon's message in the past, and as John Neal points out, Richard has (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Seriously...

(...) Of course! What else are we talking about???? JOHN (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Seriously...

(...) The same goes for Jon. Scott A Have you had a look at Arthurs Seat Yet? (2 URLs) (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Why I support LEGO through thick and thin.

I agree with you totally. This is a minor issue and shouldn't be a cause for so much trouble. Clangador (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Seriously...

(...) I don't think that Hoppy needs an apologist (especially one named Kooties), for he's usually quite able to defend himself... But I've been here, in o.t.-d, thru most major discussions over the years, and yes, sometimes his passions show thru (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: A sincere question about the Bible

(...) I would start with archetypal story of Adam and Eve and "original sin". We are free to choose from good and evil. This is a recurrent theme throughout the OT and NT. The People of God are always given the choice to choose good from evil, and (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Seriously...

(...) Indeed. But one can be both truthful and abusive…. perhaps “tact” & good manners should be a posting requirement? ;) More generally, people who are castigating Richard for breaking the TOS and/or being offensive should think carefully about (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Seriously...

(...) Hear, hear! -Tim (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Bush toppled

(...) Of course! How could I be so forgetful?? Must've been the too much reading I've done here on LUGNET... Anyway, from the DU.com site--top 10 conservative idiots from Monday... " The odor of hypocrisy surrounding George W. Bush grew even more (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  A sincere question about the Bible

Where in the Bible is the notion of free will discussed? I'm not as conversant with the text as I could be, and a friend has asked me where he could find the subject in either Testament. I imagine that the term "free will" doesn't exist in the Bible (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Seriously...

(...) From the ToS (discussion group section): 5. (do not) Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bush toppled

(...) How does protesting against Bush make you an enemy of democracy? Tim (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Bush toppled

(...) Rats! Can't find the link! Fox News and the Repiublicans were talking about 'staging' the walk in to the chambers a few weeks back. Iirc, they wanted Fox News cameras there 'live' to show this 'spontaneous' event. I'll go see if I can find hte (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Bush toppled

(...) Can this be true? Scott A (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Bush toppled

(...) That statement implies that Bush is a friend of democracy; tell that to those who live under the despots Bush supports! Anyhow, us Brits don't fall for the lie that to protest is somehow "unpatriotic". Also note that: "100,000" is the lower (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact