 Off-Topic / Debate / *16581 (-20)
  One of our favorite issues!

(URL) the Supreme Court *ever* interpreted the 2nd to apply expressly to the individual? Dave! (I probably won't get too involved in any debates that ensue regarding this issue, since I have previously demonstrated a somewhat hot temper on the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Questions on Bathing

(...) Maggie- now *that* made me laugh out loud:-) -John (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Questions on Bathing

(...) Call me irresponsible, I'm with Mr. Rooney. I also fail to see how stepping directly into a tub can be the optimum way to get clean. In the house I lived in as a child in Japan the bathroom consisted of three rooms side by side: the toilet on (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Two good ones in a row.

(...) there. He spends the first bit talking about how great the US is and how we've done all these great things, while blaming certain less free governments. But this ignores our role in creating and supporting those institutions. How dare he? We (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Questions on Bathing

(...) Looks like I may have meant 1991, see other messages in this thread. I must visit a library to verify this though. (...) I thought this part was interesting because I think it is possible to have too much of a good thing. What little (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The skinny on Jenin, the European Press

(...) What does "pro justice" mean? Chris (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Two good ones in a row.

(...) sometimes produce bad government. Likewise, I'm sure benevolent dictatorships are possible... but are not guaranteed in the long-term ;) We should support democracy, but not accept its results blindly. After all, what moral mandate does a (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The skinny on Jenin, the European Press

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:GwzKCL.HHp@lugnet.com... (...) OK, so you can’t back your allegation. (...) No, but I can’t tell the difference between non-terrorist “united-statesman” and a terrorist one either. Do you think everyone (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Questions on Bathing

(...) Could this be it: Title: "Cleanliness has only recently become a virtue" Date: February 1991 Pages: 126-135 Author(s): Jay Stuller Photographer(s)/Illustrator: Arnold Roth (Illustrations) You could probably locate this at your local library. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Questions on Bathing

Neat topic (...) Cool! What does "a long time ago" mean? I have a complete run of Smithsonians for about seven years and I don't remember it, though I haven't read them all yet. I'd like to read it. (...) It doesnn't sound like it. I shower (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Questions on Bathing

whoah, Guys.. maybe it's time for a new group. . . ? ;-) -Suz (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Questions on Bathing

I don't take baths, but mainly because my bathtub doesn't have waterjets ;-) Once I own a house, a whirlpool bathtub will be a necessity, and I'll take them every chance I get. I personally shower every day. I have to, as my hair looks too oily (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Questions on Bathing

Hey Y'all: I have some questions on bathing and I am having difficulty finding any information on the subject. Once, a long time ago, I read an article in Smithsonian magazine that gave both an historical overview of bathing practices around the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Two good ones in a row.

Hansen can sometimes be a demagogue, and there's certainly stuff in both of these to disagree with, but these are both well worth reading. Why democracies, even ones we disagree with, are better than dictatorships, even ones we are allied with: (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Go Canada! (was Re: USA soccer team at the World Cup -- everyone shocked!)

(...) You didn't bring enough windmill cookies for everyone *again*? Sheesh. LFB (who prefers hockey anyways.) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Go Argentina! (was Re: USA soccer team at the World Cup -- everyone shocked!)

(...) Better luck next year. Oh, and may I take this opportunity to state that Richard uses obscene gestures the way others might use clay or Sculpy-- with his gesticulations he creates obscenities that border on being art. And he does it (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lego and the NBA

(...) This is the best example of yellow skinned people we have to date. Using yellow for just about everyone and an occasional brown or light brown for those that simply can't be depicted as yellow (ie. people of african descent, etc) would be a (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.sports, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) --- (...) All good and valid points, but I do understand and sympathies with Suz. Because it really seams as though LD is simply using Lugnet as a marketing forum to test their products and promote their objectives. I may be new, but it didn’t (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Go Canada! (was Re: USA soccer team at the World Cup -- everyone shocked!)

~Go Canada! No, wait… We didn’t even make the World Cup qualifications… Oh never mind! -R (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Go Argentina! (was Re: USA soccer team at the World Cup -- everyone shocked!)

That's right!!! Nyuh! ::making obscene gesture:: -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact