 Off-Topic / Debate / *15266 (-20)
  New annoying pop-up ad

Yesterday I checked out an Osprey report on MSNBC and was pommeled by a new pop-up ad. I had already read about half the article when the screen slowly "morphed" into an ad... completely obscuring the browser so that I could not click "stop" or (...) (23 years ago, 24-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We're all Anoraks on this bus (was Sadness

"Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:Got0JI.It6@lugnet.com... (...) Anoraks are indeed a warm jacket. As such, they are commonly worn by Train Spotters - who spend all day on cold station platforms waiting to note down (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Eduardo is out of line (was: Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms")

="Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message news:Goszrp.H3J@lugnet.com... (...) important... Ok. (...) though. (...) I don't believe there's a fault in my thinking. I will definitely examine my thinking, but at this point I still (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:Goszyq.HK0@lugnet.com... (...) Every AFOL is NOT an anorak. Being an anorak is considered a mildly derogatory term - in the UK at least. Though usually used in an amusing, harmless (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) old, (...) I know four people (two unrelated Africans and two sibling Americans) who breastfed to either 4 or 5. They recall suckling at their mother's teat. My first reaction was to think that would be very odd. But I'm sure they all have (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) You will also find that many people who act so liberal about it get very uncomfortable to see a woman breastfeeding a baby over six or eight months old, say. Yet in many cultures (and presumably in ours at one time) children breastfeed for a (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We're all Anoraks on this bus (was Sadness

(...) Okay, this here Bozo is ignorant. I thought an anorak was some kind of warm jacket from L.L. Bean. (...) You mean like the editors of Time magazine selling out and calling Giuliani Person of the Year because they didn't have the *ahem* guts to (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  We're all Anoraks on this bus (was Sadness

(...) BTW, Every AFOL I know (and some that reject the label but are AFOLs anyway) is an Anorak. So what? (...) If you want to start an argument you have to say something CONTROVERSIAL. That one is so obviously true it doesn't merit comment. :-) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Eduardo is out of line (was: Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms")

Tim, I'm choping your note and reassembling because I think it's important... (...) I believe I detect a double standard in your rhetoric. Is it "pinning" something on you to identify the fault in your thinking? (...) For me, this isn't really about (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Man, you lot are sad

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:Gorw1C.Mu8@lugnet.com... (...) Hi Jason Trying to buck the trend eh? Your reply should have questioned my religion or sexuality :-) My wife says we are a bunch of anoraks (but still (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

First, let me say that I have not so far in my own life ever had a child. I may never have a child. So perhaps you may think I don't have an educated opinion. In fact, most of my views come from how I was raised. So really, if you have a beef with (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Man, you lot are sad

(...) Not biting today, huh Loz? Almost as big a flop as my one about trainheads doing better buildings than the townies. Do these things just not carry across the language barrier? Jason J Railton (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi

(...) snip (...) mucho snipping (...) Lego is way better than candy!! I'm new posting on lugnet, but I've been reading posts since I learned about the site, about 1 1/2 yrs. ago. I first saw Lego when I was about 4 or 5 yrs. old (before I was in (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) Yeah, I second this. It's a little off topic -- but I recently heard/learned that kissing was made popular by the Romans. Now, I don't know if that is true, but it's interesting to think that something commonplace today -- even in public -- (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher L. Weeks writes: <snip> (...) Yah, no kidding. I want to chime in here for a bit. What *is* the big deal about this? I thought the government was supposed to be seperate from the church, yet it seems that most (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) Richard, do you think there are any ideas or images to which access should be prevented or restricted? I was once offended by an afternoon TV show about coprophilia at the perfect time for kids to come home from school and flip on the TV. I am (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) Excuse me? S&M is not "evil"- as long as the people taking part are consenting (over age of consent, whatever that is where the act takes place), it is no more "evil" than sex in the missonary position between a man and his lawfully married (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) lol Well I came in a little strong, and so now I'm trying to tone down:-) (...) But you agree that at some point it *could* be. (...) hehe I know nothing about the porn industry, except that I hear it's huge, and that it's largely due to the (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) Why not? It is only by exposure to all kinds of stimuli that children are able to understand and begin to make sense of the world around them. (...) This is false. Eroticism is part of what it is to be human. If you want to shut off that part (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) I did not know that. (...) But since we are talking about children who *don't* have sexual urges, then it *isnt't* appropriate. The very nature of having such feelings is indicative of the (...) I disagee. (...) Learning comes in stages. We (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact