 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 933
  New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

I was in Walmart Friday night and as I was just about to leave the Lego aisle when I notoced a new Mega Bloks set up on the top of the shelf. The box hadn't been priced yet but scaned at $19.97. The set is #9358 Gladiator & Lion. It comes with 2 (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) Mega Blok gladiator sounds pretty cool. I have some of the knights and vikings. $20.00 sounds a little steep to get one mini--fig, though. I don't have much interest in the "Blok Bots." I also have knock off minifigs from Tyco (red and blue, (...) (23 years ago, 23-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) Initially, I didn't either, but they've gradually won me over. On the whole, they're superior (IMO) to any mech-like LEGO model in recent memory. The Gladiator/Lion set is particularly cool. I'm quite surprised to learn of your fondness for (...) (23 years ago, 23-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) Well, I'm a bit of an army builder, so that skews my thinking. (...) I used to have huge castle-era battles against my friends, so it was good to have some unique weapons to set my troops apart. Tyco made a cool double-bladed battleaxe that (...) (23 years ago, 23-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

i just saw these last weekend....very cool. i couldn't wait and picked up the gladiator and lion (though i haven't assembled it yet). keep 'em coming, megabloks! i grabbed the gladiator first for the tan/brown brick combination, because the lion (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) What is your favorite non-lego sword? The mega block sword is elegant looking, with its long, thin blade and ornate halberd. I like the Laramie short n' shiny sword as well. But my favorite is the silver two handed Tyco sword with the huge, (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) These are WAY cooler than I think most people realize. Paul Maxwell just sent me these pics -- (URL) forgive the cross posting, I just thought some castleheads would dig these too. The first and third images show some cool stuff besides the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) I saw the foozball set at Costco last week...since then, I've been contemplating how to make a LEGO Soccer foozball game myself. The mechs, talking trucks and other stuff don't really interest me though...folks complain about junioization in (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) These cars are much cooler than I'd expected. At first glance, they seemed to be wholy constructed of SPUD-ish pieces, but in fact the set I bought for $12.99 had around 130 pieces, including about a dozen chromed elements and new monster (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) Only partially true! The body panels are indeed single pieces, but the sets include around 130 pieces (bricks, etc.) at a price point very favorable as compared to LEGO. Dave! (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) I'm thinking along the lines of the wolf/dragon/lion heads and the big torso parts and helmets on the warriors, ya' know? (Plus the strange, almost Barbie doll scale...) Useless for most other applications...same with the larger car (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) Oh. I see your point about the helmets, though there aren't really any torso parts as such (other than turntables with friction). I don't mind the scale, since they're intended as mech-style robot vehicles rather than action figures, but that (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) Oh, is the breast plate part just armor? It looked more solid in the package... (...) Boys could always terrorize their sisters Barbie doll collection with 'em, though! (...) Since the LEGO parts only made siren/laser noises and flashed (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) Well, to be honest, I've only seen the Gladiator and Knight, and not the Ninja, so I can't make guarantees of the contents of that set. The Gladiator's torso is made up of individual bricks, a crossbar for the "backbone" and shoulders, and a (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

Joe, It's good to hear that you still enjoy a good clone. Paul (...) hadn't (...) the (...) # (...) but (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) I'll take the black Mega-Blok sword. My favorite clone element might be the Mega-Blok leather armor, followed closely by the long robe which goes nicely with a LEGO hood to make a monk. JSA -- Green Bay Lacrosse-- Play hard; play often. (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) The long pinkish red robe that goes down both the front and the back of the queen bokifig in 'Legends of the Lion Kingdom?' I will have to try that. The leather armor you are referring to...is that the armor that comes with the Vikings? Aaron (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) Yes, but it also came in black. And in a bag of miscellaneous from the used toy store I found a white one. (...) Yes. Came in brown and black. JSA -- Green Bay Lacrosse-- Play hard; play often. (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)