 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 939
Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:34:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:

I'm quite surprised to learn of your fondness for clone-brand minifigs,
since in my view these have always been the least satisfying elements in
clone sets.

Well, I'm a bit of an army builder, so that skews my thinking.

I love the weapons, widgets, and doodads in clone brands!  The only
helmets I've found that fit LEGO minifigs are the Viking helms from
MegaBloks (Viking helmets, as everyone knows, did not actually have
Hagar-style horns, but that's okay...)

I used to have huge castle-era battles against my friends, so it was good to
have some unique weapons to set my troops apart.  Tyco made a cool
double-bladed battleaxe that one of my best Lego Heroes carried.

Part of my hankering for clones is a need for uniqueness.  I find myself
needing a break from well ordered, uniformed formations.  You need some
motley irregulars to round out the army.