 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 949
Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 19:11:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
Oh.
I see your point about the helmets, though there aren't really any torso
parts as such (other than turntables with friction).

Oh, is the breast plate part just armor? It looked more solid in the package...

  Well, to be honest, I've only seen the Gladiator and Knight, and not the
Ninja, so I can't make guarantees of the contents of that set.  The
Gladiator's torso is made up of individual bricks, a crossbar for the
"backbone" and shoulders, and a turntable.
  The Bots also include a shield made up of several large parts, but for the
Knight these also function as wings, and for the Gladiator they're armor
plates no less useful than Technic's recent body-panels (whatever they're
called).

I don't mind the
scale, since they're intended as mech-style robot vehicles rather than
action figures, but that might be a matter of taste.

Boys could always terrorize their sisters Barbie doll collection with 'em,
though!

  If only these had come out two decades ago!

There's not much to say about the sound elements other than that they're
only one piece in the set, and LEGO itself is hardly innocent of
single-purpose light-n-sound elements.

Since the LEGO parts only made siren/laser noises and flashed lights, I
always found many uses for them...especially the original light and sound
electric sets...gosh I miss those parts...

  My Insectoid light-n-sound element doesn't see a lot of use, but you're
right--the utility of a sound brick is sharply reduced when that brick
includes a voice telling you what to do with the brick...

On the other hand, it's nice to hear someone voicing thoughtful complaints
about the contents of the sets, as opposed to someone saying "MegaBloks
stink 'cuz they aren't LEGO."  8^)

Oh! Thanks for reminding me...I forgot! MegaBlocks suck 'cuz they ain't LEGO!

   Doh!

     Dave!