 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2872 (-20)
  While we're celebrating anniversaries

While we're celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Lego system, it is appropriate to note and give a cheer here that Enlighten is celbrating their 45th year of toy manufacture, proudly proclaiming their quality control, that parts manufactured in (...) (17 years ago, 17-Feb-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Heads up, Cloneophiles

(...) I second most of Arne's opions, especially about curiousity. But still I'm some kind of purist, but not all the way. Yes, it's contradictional, just like I am. The Purist in me states: "Thou shalt not hack LEGO!". So I use clones for Milliput (...) (17 years ago, 16-Feb-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Are Brix Blox LEGO-compatible?

(...) Holy moley! Where were you six years ago when I needed you? Anyway, I love how you worked this out. I've never before thought of using one brand as a bridge between two others in this way. Very cool! Dave! (17 years ago, 15-Feb-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are Brix Blox LEGO-compatible?

(...) Strangely enough while brix blox don't lock with lego, they do lock with classic style best lock, which in turn locks fine with lego. Thus if you want to build a wall using perspective, you can do the lower courses in brix blox, run a layer of (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jan-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Snap blocks

Anyone out there familiar with another lego clone, snap blocks? I've got a large mixed bulk set coming my way with at least one snap block set, looks like a creator style lego helicopter. Any info welcome. (17 years ago, 11-Jan-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Toppo brand clones

Is anyone out here familiar with the Toppo brand of clones? I have recently come into the possession of quite a few slopes by this company...they are fully compatible with old style best-lock, which means their studs will accomodate lego system (...) (17 years ago, 29-Dec-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Heads up, Cloneophiles

(...) If asked 3 years ago, I would have agreed, but with the recent TLG production outsourcing, I've had too many bad experiences with regards to colour to find LEGO superior. Whereas most clones are of poor quality, some are catching up and are at (...) (17 years ago, 4-Dec-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Heads up, Cloneophiles

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote: I was waiting for your response, Dave! Glad to see it was salient and to the point. Dave K (17 years ago, 30-Oct-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Heads up, Cloneophiles

Hello John, (...) I stand with some of the other respondents; cool themes, interesting solutions (elements) for building. There is one thing that others who have responded haven't addressed, that the other block companies are just as ridged in their (...) (17 years ago, 30-Oct-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Heads up, Cloneophiles

(...) LEGO is of superior quality only as it pertains to the actual plastic stock, and this is becoming less true with each passing year. The main reason that I buy clones is because of the set designs and the alternative part inventories. (...) (...) (17 years ago, 29-Oct-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Head down, Cloneophobe

(...) So, in essence then, it is a price issue. (...) (...and whatever you do, don't press that red button over th..... D-oh!) (...) I could try. Frame your query over in OT.D and I'll take a swing. (...) I didn't say you had something against TLG, (...) (17 years ago, 29-Oct-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Head down, Cloneophobe

(...) Creativity. (...) Yup. (...) Price, and themes. MB is waaaaay cheaper for those of us who like to build BIG. The unashamedly military Command Ops line and cheeky Alien Agency line are fun, and some of the ProBuilder sets ((URL) APC, Huey>, (...) (17 years ago, 28-Oct-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: What are these?

(...) The second picture shows some Fischertechnik parts. (URL) (17 years ago, 28-Oct-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Heads up, Cloneophiles

(...) I know. Cloneophiles just sounds so dirty... On a serious note, one nice thing about the Bloks Forum is that it doesn't get all the drama that LUGNET does. Russell (17 years ago, 27-Oct-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Heads up, Cloneophiles

(...) I can see building a mixed-breed thing, Lego plus K'nex, with enough elements to join them. I wouldn't consider that cloning. (17 years ago, 27-Oct-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Heads up, Cloneophiles

(...) Hey, Russ- No offense-- clone + phile (loving) = clone lover:-) JOHN (17 years ago, 26-Oct-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Heads up, Cloneophiles

(...) Cloneophiles? John, I thought we were friends. ;) Yes. I buy clone brands. I buy them for the designs. I especially like the MegaBloks sets for Pixar's Cars, the FDNY Fire Truck, and the Steam Express locomotive. But, I do not mix them with (...) (17 years ago, 27-Oct-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Heads up, Cloneophiles

(...) The allure comes from the availability of additional colors, new and useful elements, themes not available from TLG, superior ABS (in the case of Tyco) and cross-compatibility (especially now that Knex has issued transition elements that allow (...) (17 years ago, 26-Oct-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Heads up, Cloneophiles

(...) I'm a purist myself, but one Cloneophile I know likes the variety of parts available. Lego makes a lot of stuff, but not quite everything. (17 years ago, 26-Oct-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Heads up, Cloneophiles

What's the allure? Can we all agree that LEGO is superior in quality? If so, why buy clones? Is it simply a price issue? If LEGO were cheaper would you still buy clones? Is it that you have something against TLG the company? Is it something else (...) (17 years ago, 26-Oct-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact