 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2871
Re: Heads up, Cloneophiles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2008 14:08:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Arne Lykke Nielsen wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, John Neal wrote:
   Is it something else I’ve missed?

Yeah, that you don’t have to love clones to buy them. I buy a lot of clones out of curiosity, and have Canadian, Chinese, Korean, Italian, Dutch, East German, Swedish and even Danish clones or competitors. But I never mix any brands when I am building MOCs.

   Help this “purist” understand your strange ways.

Purism, fanatism - not words in my dictionary (maybe because my dictionary is Danish?!??)

Arne, Copenhagen

I second most of Arne’s opions, especially about curiousity. But still I’m some kind of purist, but not all the way. Yes, it’s contradictional, just like I am.

The Purist in me states: “Thou shalt not hack LEGO!”. So I use clones for Milliput heads and experimenting on building in micro switches and LED:s. But then the infidels in me can build in LED:s and switches in real LEGO if I’ve found a good method while testing on clones.

Does that make sense? I don’t know. But that’s how I reason anyway.

Both me and TLG owes a clone brand thanks, because the very low bulk price was the reason I left my dark ages. Quite soon after I bought two or three clone buckets, I began to buy original LEGO that I doubt I would have bought without the clones first.

/Tore