 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2862
Re: Head down, Cloneophobe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 05:37:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Parsons wrote:

   If LEGO were cheaper would you still buy clones?

Probably not. Bulk blocks would need to be a lot cheaper.

So, in essence then, it is a price issue.

   Is it that you have something against TLG the company?

(Warning: John has pressed a Red button)

(...and whatever you do, don’t press that red button over th..... D-oh!)

   Goodness. Why is it that some Americans have this bizarre ‘Either you agree with me in every way, or you’re against me’ thing going. This is something I don’t get. Maybe you can help me with that.

I could try. Frame your query over in OT.D and I’ll take a swing.

   No, I have nothing against TLG, and I am flummoxed by your baselessly asserting that I do, just because I don’t only buy Lego. I am a big fan of the company, and don’t understand why my ridiculously large collection of Lego should count for nought because I buy MB from time to time.

I didn’t say you had something against TLG, I asked if you did. Further, I didn’t count your collection for nought, either. I’m just of a particular mindset and I’m trying to understand those whose sets are different (such as you)
   And while we’re about it, no, I am not, nor have I ever been, a member of the Communist Party.

Methinks he doth protest too much, but I digress;-)

   Disturbingly, I have in the past found, and continue to find, the Manifesto of the Communist Party by Marx and Engels (1872), a very interesting and worthy read. You might assert that I have something against democracy, property, and personal wealth? You would be wrong there too.

Equality is a great idea WRT rights, but a terrible idea WRT wealth. That about sums it up for me.

   (/Warning)

   Is it something else I’ve missed?

Only the fun themes.

   Help this “purist” understand your strange ways.

(Warning: John has pressed an Amber button)

WTH???

   Ahhh ‘purists’. More of this unnecessary ‘them’ and ‘us’. Sadly I am seldom much use to purists. I find we have some pretty cataclysmically fundamental differences about the intrinsic value of their ‘purity’, and my accepting my inferior, ‘impure’ status. Sorry about that.

Well, Richard, you might find it interesting to learn that I have joined the ranks (BIG time, $$$ wise) of the impure (which is why I used “” when I said “this purist”)

In any event, please understand that I didn’t come here with the intent on pushing various colored buttons! :-)

JOHN