 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2869
Re: Are Brix Blox LEGO-compatible?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:01:15 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
From time to time I see these pop up on eBay, sometimes in the form of
generic building sets, sometimes as themed Disney sets.  Does anyone one
these Blox?  Do they work with LEGO?

     Dave!

Strangely enough while brix blox don't lock with lego, they do lock with classic
style best lock, which in turn locks fine with lego.  Thus if you want to build
a wall using perspective, you can do the lower courses in brix blox, run a layer
of best lock plates across the lower section, then do several courses of lego,
and finish with several courses of classic best lock, thus creating the illusion
of height, and also duplicating the architectural style of many ancient
civilization, who built with larger stones at the bottom of walls.