 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2657 (-20)
  Re: Freeze!

(...) The design is my own, though I clearly borrowed the color scheme from IPMII (thanks to John Neal for the abbreviation). Typically I design my stuff exclusively with official Mega Bloks elements in quantities and colors that I actually own so (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Freeze!

(...) Sweet stuff. I am a little slow on the get up here, is this, was this, an official Megabloks set thing or totally your own creation existing only in the Megabloks drawer? Anyhew, like it either way. Very, uh, classic spacey. -Avery (19 years ago, 17-Jan-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Freeze!

(...) Hmmm. First, 3 question: 1. What does "apocryphal" mean? 2. Where did you get your design (URL) inspiration>? 3. There is no third question :-) All seriousness aside, I can only admire your dedication to clone world. You definitely march to (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jan-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Freeze!

Apocryphal Ice Planet 2002 Check out the first sample (URL) here.> Apocryphal folders (URL) here> post-mod. I'm not acutely familiar with IP2002, and I only own one canonical set, so this is entirely experimental for me. Stay tuned for more whenever (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jan-06, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  C3 sets

I'm pretty sure that ArtAsylum's C3 line has been discontinued, as evidenced by the forthcoming LEGO licensed Batman stuff, but I stumbled upon a gallery of photos of C3 sets that were apparently never released (along with some that were). Of (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Old clone "Byggefix"?

Hi, I recently acquired this: (URL) not sure the bricks pictured really belong to the box. The box is without date, but judging by the design it could be late 50ties or early 60ties. It's Danish, inscibed with "Bengros" and "Dessin Nr. 5450" and (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock

(...) That Cessna is news to me. I don't follow Best-Lock as closely as Mega Bloks, but when I see something cool from BL I may give it a look. The John Deere licensed stuff was mentioned (URL) here> a little while back, but that's the last I'd (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Best-Lock

(...) AND: (URL) Best-Lock John Deere> (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Best-Lock

Why doesn't Best-Locke keep their site updated? I've never seen these before & don't know the seller, just thought they'ed be of interest: (URL) Best-Lock?> Jeff (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  A few old Mega Bloks scans

If you'd care to see the covers of the instruction books from the early 90's, take a look (URL) here.> True, they're not as ancient as some of the LEGO stuff that Gary Istok showcases from time to time, but they might be of interest to some... And (...) (19 years ago, 12-Dec-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Mega Bloks Narna now available in the US

I spotted all three sets at a KMart in Western Pennsylvania tonight. I picked up Aslan's Camp and Winter Battle for $7.99 each. I haven't yet had the chance to build them, but I'll post reviews as soon as I am able. They must have hit the shelves (...) (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: SCC rules in favour of Mega Bloks in Lego battle

(...) Thanks for linking to this story. I'd dispute one point, though: (...) That's technically true if you cherry-pick which Mega Bloks you want to test, but then the same can be said of LEGO:LEGO linking. Micro-scale Mega Bloks are almost 100% (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A clone of the SAAB Hammerhead.

(...) Very cool. I think the ordinace is a tad large compared to the rest of the ship but it works anyway. For those who have not seen the show here are some good pics. Some clueless trekie decided he wanted to use it for starfleet and made up some (...) (19 years ago, 12-Nov-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  New ProBuilder combination pack

Read all the details (URL) Dave! (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Some ground vehicles to be seen in Starship RPG

(...) I do not mean to be negative about anyone else, but I think NOT seeing the possibilities with BTR as a lack of imagination. The first moment I saw those sets and parts, my mouth dropped open as I was struck with a torrent of possibilities. (...) (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.gaming.starship, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Some ground vehicles to be seen in Starship RPG

(...) Wow! I am of course a big fan of clone-based MOCs, but my own designs tend to be Mega Bloks-only. Your creations do a great job of mingling various brands, and MOCs with BTR elements are extremely rare. Part of that is because BTR never quite (...) (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.gaming.starship, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A clone of the SAAB Hammerhead.

(...) Well, good news and two points of bad news. Bad news I: I don't think that "eschew" is the word you want to use there, because it implies "escape" from or "avoidance" of your MOC, and why would anyone want to do that? Bad news II: I'm not at (...) (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Some ground vehicles to be seen in Starship RPG

Once moderated: The (URL) Cratha armor> that shall rumble across a thousand worlds. This is a little sneak peak of some extra MOCs that I am throwing into the upcoming Adventure II of the (URL) Cruan'atan sector>. Just whetting some RPG appetites, I (...) (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.gaming.starship, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Pirates of the Caribbean license deal!

(...) Hhmmmm, sounds like a challenge, Mr. Godwin. Very well, I accept. Take a gander, if you will, at the following test shots: (URL) Test for a comic> Ideas, criticisms, opinions, --> Welcome. -Avery (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  A clone of the SAAB Hammerhead.

Not having the fortitude to post this to .Space as well as .Clone, here is a little (URL) SAAB Hammerhead fighter> that, yes I built a while ago, I hope will eschew (that's a good word, right?) the benefits of Oxford bricks mixed with Lego. P.S. (...) (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact