 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2645
Re: A clone of the SAAB Hammerhead.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 12 Nov 2005 16:02:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Avery Christy wrote:
   Not having the fortitude to post this to .Space as well as .Clone, here is a little SAAB Hammerhead fighter that, yes I built a while ago, I hope will eschew (that’s a good word, right?) the benefits of Oxford bricks mixed with Lego.

Very cool. I think the ordinace is a tad large compared to the rest of the ship but it works anyway.

For those who have not seen the show here are some good pics. Some clueless trekie decided he wanted to use it for starfleet and made up some treknobable numbers to make it sound like it was from Star Trek.
http://webhome.idirect.com/~shipman/3rdMEU/SA-43Hammerhead.html
Here is the spec sheet for the actual show SAAB.
http://users.pandora.be/robin.leysen/saab/ss_sa43.html

P.S. Space Above And Beyond, a hit T.V. show that the network cancelled because it was drawing a crowd away from the Drama shows.

Yeah SAAB was everything that the Starship Troopers movie should have been. (Troopers came out a year or two later than SAAB and made SAAB look that much better. The sad part is the only reason they didn’t make a SAAB movie is because they didn’t want to compete with Troopers which based on such a good novel.)

-Mike Petrucelli