 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2641
Re: A clone of the SAAB Hammerhead.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:25:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Avery Christy wrote:
   Not having the fortitude to post this to .Space as well as .Clone, here is a little SAAB Hammerhead fighter that, yes I built a while ago, I hope will eschew (that’s a good word, right?) the benefits of Oxford bricks mixed with Lego.

Well, good news and two points of bad news.

Bad news I: I don’t think that “eschew” is the word you want to use there, because it implies “escape” from or “avoidance” of your MOC, and why would anyone want to do that?

Bad news II: I’m not at all familiar with Space Above and Beyond, because it aired years ago when I worked evenings and didn’t own a VCR!

But to heck with those petty quibbles:

Good News: It’s a great-looking MOC. The forward sweep of the wings is unusual and eye-catching, and it carries quite a load of ordnance. I like the two turret-guns, a mounting system I’ve never been good at designing, and I particularly like the union of LEGO and Oxford elements.

I’ve had only limited exposure to Oxford, but I see a clever use of the slope-tiles (sort of like these) along the body where the main wings join. Also, the wings, canopy, and bombs appear to be Oxford, correct? Likewise the “grooved” 1x2 bricks alongside the cockpit.

Great stuff, and thanks for sharing! Do you have any more MOCs or pictures to show us?

By the way--if you haven’t checked it out yet, you might want to visit the new Bloks forum, intended mainly as a place to discuss Mega Bloks, but all clone brands are welcome!

Dave!

FUT: OT.Clone-brands only