 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2502 (-20)
  Re: clones list

(...) Hi Dave, For older clones or competitors, try to see this link: (URL) personal favorite among those are the high quality Berli Bygge Brikker from 1955. Unlike the Lego of those days, the Berli bricks has kept both their colors and their form (...) (19 years ago, 14-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

(...) Yep, that's the stuff. I couldn't bring myself to buy any (even for novelty purposes), though they could be had for pennies on the dollar compared with LEGO... Derek (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: clones list

(...) **snip of list** Joseph was kind enough to email me his clone info page a long long time ago, and I never got around to posting it (partially because I thought I'd deleted it, and partially because I'm a lazy so-and-so with no sense of (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  A little MegaBloks info

Please feel free to amend, contradict, or augment this information as you are able... I came upon (URL) this site> while searching for info on the forthcoming Pyrates line. Not too much about Pyrates, but it gave some additional photos of new (...) (19 years ago, 12-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MB database?

(...) Hi Arne! The Dragons sets are definitely distinctive. Some people (including me) have complained that the sets contain certain pieces that are *too* specialized, but at the same time these are what help make the sets so different from LEGO. I (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MB database?

(...) Hi Dave, Thanks for your quick response. With the info I have so far I have been able to identify 53 different Dragon sets (3 95xx, 6 96xx, 38 98xx, 2 600xx and 4 980xx sets), but some af these are combinations of others, and some seem to be (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

(...) Are these the same brand/type of clones that were, IIRC, confiscated in Finland and crushed at LEGO expense? This (URL) link> has pics of the clones, and this (URL) link> has a story about the crushing. Those may not be the top of the thread (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MB database?

(...) Hello Arne! It would be great if MegaBloks had some kind of direct online sales, even if they only offered whole sets rather than parts-packs (though parts-packs would be fantastic!) Regarding a MegaBloks database, as far as I know there is (...) (19 years ago, 7-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  MB database?

So, I'm relatively new in the clone wars, and my excuses if this question has been answered here before: Is there a database for MegaBlok sets anywhere (like the LUGNET database)? The only link stated here is the one to MB's official site, and thats (...) (19 years ago, 7-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Where MB gets their ideas...

(...) Hey, that's pretty darned funny, even to this clone-guy. Dave! (19 years ago, 1-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Where MB gets their ideas...

(URL) said. (if you read webcomics and you're NOT reading this one, you should be... Go all the way back to the beginning, take your time, and enjoy...) (19 years ago, 1-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Question about a call for a contest

(...) Good questions, Dave! I've raised this with the Admin team... We'll mull this over and get back to you with an answer with our usual alacrity(1)... this contest doesn't start for a month or two I hope?(1) ++Lar XFUT to just .terms 1 - that's (...) (19 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Question about a call for a contest

Not sure in which .admin forum this belongs; please FUT as appropriate. I'd like to call for a simple contest involving clone bricks and I wondered if it would be appropriate to make announce it in .build.contests, in .build.mecha, in .announce, in (...) (19 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Spotted! Liberals on my layout!

(...) Crikey! Don't lump me in with that clone-lover Courtney;-) I doubt you could handle the Truth™, Dave! ;^D JOHN (19 years ago, 28-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: ISD Build competition

(...) Jeez! I hadn't done the math and didn't realize that the SSD was quite so huge. The excellent radio program (URL) This American Life> ran a (URL) story> about living aboard the aircraft carrier (URL) John Stennis.> One person had the tedious (...) (19 years ago, 28-Mar-05, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Spotted! Liberals on my layout!

(...) Oh! In that case, it's probably ATCO. That's a bummer, because ATCO is from the lower end of the clone spectrum--a pariah among pariahs. And I'm confident that you and Tim Courtney have huge stashes of clone bricks; you both protest too much, (...) (19 years ago, 28-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Pyrates teaser @ Megabloks.com

(...) Woohoo! Once again Mr. Connick comes through with the scoop. Excellent news--thanks! Dave! (20 years ago, 24-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Pyrates teaser @ Megabloks.com

(...) Dave, Pyrates have 3 different release dates: May: Pyrates Treasure Pack Assortment (Pieces of Eight, Hidden Loot, Burried Bounty) each about $5.99 and each set comes in a cloth galeon bag. June: Skull Cave Assortment (Maroon Gally, Mutiny (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Apocryphal Blacktron

(...) (URL) Here's> a showcase of a recently unveiled ground-based vehicle, designed for leisurely travel over medium terrain. A few older vehicles are also featured on the page. Dave! (20 years ago, 24-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Pyrates teaser @ Megabloks.com

(URL) Here you go.> If nothing else, we get a scheduled release date. If the link doesn't work, just go to the (URL) main page> and keep Refreshing until you see the Pyrates promotional flash. Dave! (20 years ago, 22-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact