 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2498
Re: MB database?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:22:54 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Arne Lykke Nielsen wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
Hello Arne!
   Regarding a MegaBloks database, as far as I know there is nothing anywhere
near as elaborate as LUGNET's LEGO database, and certainly nothing like the
Peeron database of inventories.  > For my part, I've been assembling an informal and non-verified inventory of
various clone brands, including MegaBloks, Tyco, and others.  My spreadsheet
doesn't have any inventory detail or pictures, but it might help you with some
of your questions.  I'll try to include it in another post.

Dave!

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your quick response.
With the info I have so far I have been able to identify 53 different Dragon
sets (3 95xx, 6 96xx, 38 98xx, 2 600xx and 4 980xx sets), but some af these are
combinations of others, and some seem to be alike (e.g. 9807 and 9652 Sea
Assault). I have no Web-homepage, so I can't give you a link, but if you're
interested I can send a mail to you.
I have limited myself to the Dragon sets, as I think these are the ones that
make MB different from Lego. I've acquired a single Ninja Turtle set (1411
Battle Bridge), but did not find it overly interesting, and won't get any more.
I'll probably try a Pyrates set as well, but I don't think I'll get to like
those.

Hi Arne!

The Dragons sets are definitely distinctive.  Some people (including me) have
complained that the sets contain certain pieces that are *too* specialized, but
at the same time these are what help make the sets so different from LEGO.

I can't seem to find the CD with my master database at the moment, but the
outdated list I have in front of mie includes only 35 Dragons sets, so your list
is considerably more complete!

If you wouldn't mind emailing me your info, I'll happily add it to the database
for future reference (giving you credit, of course!)

Thanks for your interest and for the information.

Dave!