 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2499
2498  |  2500
Subject:
A little MegaBloks info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:31:56 GMT

Please feel free to amend, contradict, or augment this information as you are able...

I came upon this site while searching for info on the forthcoming Pyrates line. Not too much about Pyrates, but it gave some additional photos of new Dragons and Marvel sets. To my surprise, it looks as though MegaBloks will be supporting the Marvel line in its eponymous “MEGABLOKS” (Duplo-compatible) scale; for some reason I was expecting that the license would only manifest in the micro-MEGABLOKS scale, but what do I know?

Anyway, here are a few links to the pictures. You’ll notice that the larger-scale sets have a decidedly “jolly” feel to them. I haven’t read superhero comics in years, but I can’t seem to remember the issue in which Spiderman and the Hulk played on the sliding board, but it looks like a fun set.

Picture One
Picture Two
Picture Three
Picture Four

The site also shows some tantalizing Dragons sets, but the pictures are a little blurry. Some nifty-looking Pyrates stuff, too.

Dave!