 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 232 (-20)
  Re: K'nex roller coaster ?

(...) Fun to put together, but your thumbs will be VERY sore when you are done. After you have it together, it's fun to play with for a while. But then you have the massive job of taking it apart again unless you have a 4 ft by 6 ft or so area to (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  K'nex roller coaster ?

Anyone have an opinion about the k'nex roller-coaster set ? Big & heavy box, says 2400 pcs on it. I saw five of these at a target earlier today. Ray (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega-Blocks - a new experience

(...) I've been lucky, then, because I've built the newer Battleship and Desert Assault (whatever it's called) by MegaBloks, and I've found the brick grip- strength sufficient to lift each entire model by a single 2x4 brick's attachment. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega-Blocks - a new experience

(...) That's my experince, too. I have tried MegaBloks, Cuboville, and Byggis, and I also have a Tyco phone. IMO, MegaBloks are least compatible, Tyco a little better, and Byggis and Cuboville are closest to the Real Thing. I also have a lot of (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  New Clone .DAT's

I've made three Byggis windows and a MegaBloks 2x10 Brick with hinges. You'll find them at: (URL) Feel free to add them to your clones page if you like them. /Tore (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega-Blocks - a new experience

(...) Because in some cases they are REALLY cool! And as time passes they are getting better. And you can really stock up on bricks in many colors and even trans elements for cheap. Here in the Bay Area it is my observation that the shelves were (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Best Lock instruction scans (Re: Best Lock Adverstising

(...) Have they been out long enough to be out of production on some of the sets already? Seems to me (and I ain't speaking for anyone else, just myself here, you have to decide for yourself what is right, no matter how clear cut it seems to me) (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Mega-Blocks - a new experience

I recently returned from a visit in CA (had a great time, thanks for asking :) in which, among other things, I visited my uncle + aunt + two younger cousins. The older of them had a lego bucket in her room, or so it seemed. Upon closer inspection, I (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best Lock Adverstising

Dave Schuler wrote in message ... (...) to (...) instance, (...) are (...) Anybody have any Best Lock instructions they can scan in? Some of the sets look quite nice. (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best Lock Adverstising

(...) Speaking as someone generally favorably disposed to clones, even I have to agree that Best-Lock leaves a lot to be desired. I don't find it to be as awful as some have asserted, but anyone who dislikes MegaBloks, for instance, will despise (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best Lock Adverstising

(...) It is a neat ad. Hey, I got an idea! How about TLC (TLG, LG, LC) buys them out secretly, gets the quality up to LEGO standards, and then sells it! Ha, then they can hold up that weird no weapons thing and still make weapons! :) Scott S. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best Lock Adverstising

(...) Clever ads but even if they gave it away I'm not sure what I'd use it for at the current quality level. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best Lock Adverstising

(...) It's even cheaper than that--most Best-Lock Militech sets are on clearance at Target across the US--right now at the 40% off plateau, and still numerous. I may buy some when it hits 80%. best, Lindsay (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: CLONE DATs

Dave Schuler <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message news:FL3C2A.5EJ@lugnet.com... (...) LCad (...) Greetings, Great job Dave! These additions to the modeling resources of LDraw open some new vistas. I've spent a few weeks looking over your parts and (...) (25 years ago, 26-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Best Lock Adverstising

Disclaimer: This may have been mentioned before :-) I has browsing through the Best Lock site ((URL) and had a look at their latest advertising campaign (view poster here (URL) To say the least it sails very close to wind! The slogan is 'Don't pay (...) (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Zome, a cool building toy

My son got a small set of a toy called Zome (sometimes Zometool or Zome System). It is *not* a LEGO clone, it's a ball-and-stick construction system. The entire system is built around the golden mean, with some very cool results. And the pieces are (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Attempting to find information on two Old CKS(Construction Kit Systems)

Farlie,A <ba124@city.ac.uk> wrote in message news:Fn3MAB.HsD@lugnet.com... (...) Systems, (...) For Arkitex, look at : (URL) don't hear anything about Linka yet. Selçuk (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Attempting to find information on two Old CKS(Construction Kit Systems)

Whilst Strcitly speaking the systems I am seeking information on are not "brick" based they come under the general heading of consturction Kit Systems, If this is outside this newsgroups charter let me know ASAP! I am seeking information on the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Seeking Mega Bloks Griffins and Tyco Black Horses with Wings

Yes! I am looking for the Mega Bloks 9611 - Griffon's Hide Out (two if I can get them), Tyco 5283 - Black Knight's Castle (in particular the horse with the black wings), and also the Mega Bloks Legend Lions Kingdon Castle. I guess its best if I am (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Ultra-Blox?

(...) Actually, Dave, I can answer your question for you. Ultra-Blox are frankly dreadful! Anyone who still has lingering issues regarding MegaBloks or TYCO should really check out Ultra-Blox to see what a shoddy clone is all about! The plastic is (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact