 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 213
Re: Ultra-Blox?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 14:28:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
Does anyone have information on this brand of clone?  I've won a sizable
number quite cheaply on Ebay (I was bidding only on the MegaBloks portion of
the lot; the rest came with it), and I wondered what I might expect to
receive.  Are they compatible with Lego et al?  How do they compare, in terms
of quality, to MegaBloks or TYCO?

  Actually, Dave, I can answer your question for you.  Ultra-Blox are frankly
dreadful!  Anyone who still has lingering issues regarding MegaBloks or TYCO
should really check out Ultra-Blox to see what a shoddy clone is all about!
The plastic is soft and inconsistent, and, while it grips Ultra:Ultra with
some resilience, it has little sticking power with Lego or any of the other
Clones.  Unless you got a sweet deal on the lot, I'd advise you not to waste
further money on this ***VERY*** substandard knockoff.

  Glad to be of help!