 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 224
Re: Best Lock Adverstising
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 02:36:09 GMT

Dave Schuler wrote in message ...
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Clever ads but even if they gave it away I'm not sure what I'd use it
for at the current quality level.

Speaking as someone generally favorably disposed to clones, even I have • to
agree that Best-Lock leaves a lot to be desired.  I don't find it to be as
awful as some have asserted, but anyone who dislikes MegaBloks, for • instance,
will despise Best-Lock.
That said, it should be noted that the instructions for Best-Lock models • are
surprisingly good quality, and the models can often be adapted easily for
construction with Lego bricks.  Obviously it isn't really worth it to buy a
set just for the instructions, but if you can get a hold of them, they're
worth perusing.

Anybody have any Best Lock instructions they can scan in? Some of the sets
look quite nice.