 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 220
Re: Best Lock Adverstising
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 04:34:21 GMT

Nicholas Allan wrote:

Disclaimer: This may have been mentioned before :-)

I has browsing through the Best Lock site (http://www.best-lock.com) and had
a look at their latest advertising campaign (view poster here
http://www.best-lock.com/new/armleg.htm).  To say the least it sails very
close to wind!  The slogan is 'Don't pay an arm and a leg <a stud of
building brick is placed to give the impression of the letter 'o'>'  and the
tag-line is 'Best Lock Construction Toys.  Same fun.  Costs less.'

Just thought people might be interested...

It's even cheaper than that--most Best-Lock Militech sets are on clearance at
Target across the US--right now at the 40% off plateau, and still numerous.  I
may buy some when it hits 80%.

best,

Lindsay