 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2162 (-10)
  Re: Two new clone brick lines....

(...) Until recently, my local TRU had the Hulk and Spider-Man playsets, but they've disappeared since then. You're right--they're not compatible, and at a glance they don't look like they'd have much clutch power to hold bricks together. Since it's (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Two new clone brick lines....

I've recently come across two different "brick construction systems". First is X Blocks Construction system, I saw an ad for this in Ultimate Fantastic Four, Issue #4. It looks like Marvel Comics is doing their own line based on Spiderman and the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Pics of MB Probuilder Blackhawk?

Anyone seen a pic of this online? Richard Still baldly going... (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MEGABLOKS bulk buckets

(...) Here it is: (URL) keeping with the "Baker's Dozen" rule, it contains a few extra pieces, as usual. Dave! (20 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  New MEGABLOKS bulk buckets

I think they're new, at least. I just saw them for the first time at Target, and they're already on clearance. The buckets are labeled 987 and 988 and include 250 basic bricks in each. Not sure what the difference is between the two numbers--both (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Is this a LEGO brick?

(URL) Is this a LEGO brick or a clone brand? It's a 1 x 1 with one stud on side without the lip like the headlight brick. I have several of these that come in a lot I won on eBay but I couldn't find it on Peeron. They seem to be LEGO but there were (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.build, lugnet.inv, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Playmobile

(...) Sorry, yeah, I was aware of this, in fact on www.playmoboard.com (like Lugnet) they were discussing whether it would be possible to use Ldraw to make virtual System X constructions! Tim (20 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Playmobile

(...) SNIP (...) SNIP actually Playmobil has a modular 'System X' construction element they're incorporating into more & more of the product line each year. it works really well & requires a small tool, kinda like a phillips head screwdriver (...) (20 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Playmobile

Not really a clone, but a competitor to my mind I picked up a 2004 Playmobile catalogue today when browsing for Lego. They had a big Playmobile promotional setup in the mall outside the toyshop with motorised dioramas of the sets and some sort of (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Promo MegaBloks

(...) I happened to be on the GI Interactive site again, and I found this (URL) case study> that mentions MEGABLOKS by name. Also, in (URL) image you can very faintly see the brick's logo between the studs, and it looks to be in the same place and (...) (20 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact