 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2155
Re: Playmobile
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 03:45:23 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Tim David wrote:
Not really a clone, but a competitor to my mind

SNIP

obviously Playmbile lacks the construction element of Lego

SNIP

actually Playmobil has a modular 'System X' construction element they're
incorporating into more & more of the product line each year.  it works really
well & requires a small tool, kinda like a phillips head screwdriver (provided
with each set it's needed in) that fits in the 'X' grooves (thus the name) on
small connector pieces that connect other larger pieces.  some other types of
parts of sets can be assembled in other ways, like parts of buildings, rocks,
plants, large tools/accessories, and snap on clothes.

I'd be interested to know what others think comparing the product ranges

Tim

Jeff