 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1552 (-20)
  Re: Part name suggestion?

(...) Very nice parts. But what are they? I don't know, never seen them before. Are they some generic technical looking gadgets or where are they used? /Tore (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Part name suggestion?

I need help naming these two elements: (URL) is an Oxford element and "B" is a Tyco element. Any ideas are much appreciated! Dave! (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  New Mega Bloks

I stopped by Kohls last night for the 50% off Mega Bloks sale and found a new ProBuilder set. #9724 Bradley M2A3 with 260 pieces for $9.99 (I got it for 5). It is the same color as the new tank, but the camo is a sticker for this one. I havn't built (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A few preview images

(...) Oh, one other thing... It's been suggested that the stud.dat primitive, if used on clone parts, would show up with the LEGO logo when rendered at QUAL 3. Here's my solution: (URL) Dave! (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  A few preview images

By experimenting with inlined POV-Ray code I've managed to improve a few parts from their earlier clone.dat incarnations. There's still room for improvement, but the journey continues. I've also been playing around with the newly discovered color (...) (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tyco problems

(...) Floors or decks. I have seen Peter White use them gloriously as a huge marble floor in an MB cathedral, Kevin Hall use them for a pitched castle roof from time to time, and I use them myself as decking for various spacecraft (in the original (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tyco problems

(...) I can't remember how many come in the set, but I've found them to be useful to give the impression of a tarred rooftop or flooring in general. At one point I made a biggish barge and used the tiles for the deck. They're good for covering a lot (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tyco problems

(...) Well, that made for an interesting result. The Tyco dike with the baseplates curls. Without the baseplates it lies flat. Attach the Megablok wall on top of the dike and it starts to curl again (but not as bad as with the Lego baseplates). To (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tyco problems and structures that Rock!

This is very interesting.If I understand your baseplate problem, the wall would be actually a bit longer than the spacing the baseplate wants? I have detected "endianness" to Lego bricks, where a pair of 1x2s fit more closely "head to head" than (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tyco problems and structures that Rock!

(...) Good choice--dollar-for-dollar the Kittyhawk is the best source of bulk grey 2x4's that you can find. Fifty bucks for ~630 grey 2x4's, not to mention a ton of other parts, too. By the time word had spread of the grey-value of the Sith (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tyco problems

(...) When you separated the wall from the dike, did you peel the baseplates off of the bottom of the Tycos? The reason I ask that is that the problem might not be one of fit, but one of slight differences in size. If you put a single row of (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Tyco problems

Greetings, fellow non-Conformists ;) I'm not a frequent lurker of this particular forum, so perhaps my observations are old news, but I thought I'd share them anyway. I've purchased clone bricks over time, first for cost reasons, but also I have (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MegaBloks a-comin! (followup)

Maybe good cardboard costs more than aluminun. (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MegaBloks a-comin! (followup)

(...) I'm not sure, though; I only had a brief time to examine it. I haven't yet seen the Challenge set anywhere but in your review. I'm not sure I even like the tin containers. I almost certainly won't use them for storage, and they just seem like (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MegaBloks a-comin! (followup)

(...) sure, though; I only had a brief time to examine it. I haven't yet seen the Challenge set anywhere but in your review. I'm not sure I even like the tin containers. I almost certainly won't use them for storage, and they just seem like an (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MegaBloks a-comin! (followup)

(...) take it that this one is beyond minifig scale... Richard Still baldly going... (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MegaBloks a-comin! (followup)

(...) Is that the same embossed box as with the Dragon's Challenge set: (URL) Experience should guide us, not rule us. Chris Gray cg@ami-cg.GraySage.COM (URL) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MegaBloks a-comin! (followup)

(...) Despite the 11/15 date given on Amazon, this set is currently available at two of my local TRU's. Piece count is 805, but unfortunately the brown camo is applied by one of those camo-stick paint pens from the Warriors: Future Force series. I'm (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  I want Tente scans

Does anyone have Tente scans of catalogs of 1985 - 90 and 91 - 95? And boats instructions? (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Megabloks Q3 2002 call

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact