 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1549
Re: A few preview images
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 06:50:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
By experimenting with inlined POV-Ray code I've managed to improve a few parts
from their earlier clone.dat incarnations.  There's still room for improvement,
but the journey continues.

I've also been playing around with the newly discovered color definitions and
lighting techniques for POV-Ray; here are some of the results:

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/clones/clone4.htm

The actual clone.dat library should become available again soon.  The current
part count is 582, and I'll likely release the library (at least for review)
when I get to 590.  Stay tuned!

Oh, one other thing...

It's been suggested that the stud.dat primitive, if used on clone parts, would
show up with the LEGO logo when rendered at QUAL 3.  Here's my solution:

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/clones/c3001.jpg

     Dave!