 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1535
Re: New MegaBloks a-comin! (followup)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 15:50:05 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000067PHK/qid=1032781281/br=1-7/ref=br_lf_t_7//103-0717947-3824611?v=glance&s=toys&n=658000

(Thanks to Christopher Dean for the heads-up)

  Despite the 11/15 date given on Amazon, this set is currently available at
two of my local TRU's.  Piece count is 805, but unfortunately the brown camo
is applied by one of those camo-stick paint pens from the Warriors: Future
Force series.  I'm not thrilled with that particular innovation, but YMMV.
  Of note, judging from the picture on the box, is a new tread, the gun
barrel, the turret-mounted guns, the side armor plates, and the hinged
hatches.  In addition, it appears as though the turret swivels on one of
Hop-Frog's favorite 4x4 turntables with friction!  Not worth $30 for that
single part, but at least we know now that it's still in active use...
  I may pick it up next payday, but if someone grabs it before then, please
post a review!

Lastly, this appears to be a new items, but no picture:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000067PHO/qid=1033420574/sr=1-60/ref=sr_1_60/103-0717947-3824611?v=glance&s=toys

  I believe I've spotted this one as well, and alas I'm somewhat
disappointed.  I've swung from pro- to con- to pro- Dragons, but this one
really doesn't seem worth the $50 pricetag.  The set comes in an embossed
tin and seems to feature several exclusive figures, but they all look alike
to me.  No other apparent distinctions about the set, I'm afraid.

     Dave!