 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1475
Re: New MegaBloks a-comin!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 01:57:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Marchetti writes:

There are still some minor quality control issues; but if TLC products were
considered a 10 on a scale of 1-10, then MB would be an 8.5 or 9. All they
really need to do is ratchet up quality control just a little bit and
increase the variety of their basic bricks -- I am not even sure they make a
2x2 brick, or some of the more important roof type slopes.

  Their 2x2 brick seems less common in ProBuilder models than in earlier MB
series.  The old dinosaur sets were lousy with them; I have the sense that the
designers sometimes chose two 2x2 bricks rather than one 2x4 brick for the sole
purpose of padding the piece count.  For this reason I think I have somewhere
over 2000 2x2 bricks in varying shades of Dino-green!  That piece-padding to
have ended, but the 2x2's are still around.  The Fire Engine has about a dozen
of them in red, black, and silver-grey.  By the way, the color consistency of
their silver-grey has been improving steadily.  I still notice some marbling on
the cabinet pieces, but on the bricks and plates it's nice and smooth.  But for
some reason MB doesn't make 2x3 or 2x4 33 slopes, much as I might wish
otherwise.  I'm delighted that they've started with 6x8 plates and 1x2 tiles.
What's next, I wonder?

     Dave!