 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1547
Re: Tyco problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 22:06:14 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Alan Findlay writes:

the Kittyhawk is available from the Sears catalogue here
in Canada for C$69 (tax included) -- after exchange it comes out to about
U$43.50 (delivered). I'm thinking of saving my pennies for one, but what am
I supposed to do with those huge black tiles?

I can't remember how many come in the set, but I've found them to be useful
to give the impression of a tarred rooftop or flooring in general.  At one
point I made a biggish barge and used the tiles for the deck.  They're good for
covering a lot of area, but I agree that they're not the most versatile of
parts.

   Dave!

Floors or decks.  I have seen Peter White use them gloriously as a huge
marble floor in an MB cathedral, Kevin Hall use them for a pitched castle
roof from time to time, and I use them myself as decking for various
spacecraft (in the original style of aircraft carrier decking).

They are also the same area as the brown full block height floor plates in
the MB dragons sets, so if you were thinking about combining a few Dragons
sets to build a decent edifice, and you suffered from a lack of the flooring
pieces (what with them being a bit under represented in the sets), you can
always substitute these.

I have also used them (in conjunction with the triangular, studs at 60
degrees pieces, to make revetments for minifig scale jet aircraft.

The only MB pieces I have found truly useless are aircraft carrier wheels.
They combine in very limited ways, and seem to be only useful as rather
unattractive wheels.  I have got a stack of them, and I have tried to find a
use for them.  Still, small price to pay ;-)

Richard
Still baldly going...
Starship hangar decks: http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/esp/esp-3.htm
Aircraft carrier decks: http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/yar/007.htm