 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 152 (-10)
  Re: Tente?

(...) Hmm... Is that the new battleship you're talking about? If so, then you must have gotten a poor version of it, because I own four of them, and I've had _no_ trouble with weak "stick-age." I've found, in fact, that the entire ship can be lifted (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente?

(...) Hehe believe it or not, I have an aircraft carrier about the length of your keyboard... I'm wondering if I should sell it, and use that money to buy some non-military themed building blocks... :) Bryan (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente?

(...) You don't understand. Tente ships were *cool*. They looked good. And there were a lot of them. I've seen the Megablocks crapola they try to pass off as a ship. It's nowhere even close to what Tente put out. It's too big, blocky, and severely (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente?

(...) (or (...) I saw a Mega-Blocks battleship the other day at TRU- cheap I think only about $20. Looked pretty cool, just not LEGO, and I can't imagine starting a collection of even more construction toys, and I would never mix brands, even if (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente?

(...) Ooooh, man. If they're still making and selling models of naval ships, I am *so* there. (...) Hopefully, they only put the name out, not the business... Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente?

(...) I thought Tente had bitten the dust but the guy that is selling that Galaxy Wars set on ebay told me it was released just a couple of weeks ago (the five-digit identifying number IS unique). Perhaps the company is thriving (or at least on a (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Lion Brand?

(...) Are the 2x4 bricks about 3/4 inch (1.5cm) by 1 1/2 inch (almost 4 cm) and about 1/4 inch (1 cm) high? With tiny little knobs? I used to have several of these (legacy from older siblings) mixed in with the more ancient Legos in my collection. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente?

(...) I had a little boat that they made; it was a Destroyer or something smiliar. I loved the little lifeboat pieces, and the tiny dual-barrelled cannon that it had. I wonder whatever happened to that? I'll have to ask my mom... One thing that I (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: "Clone" definition? And a question...

(...) See now, I've had a couple of Tyco sets (just for the freaky looking Spaceguys) and I once got a Tente set (Destroyer) from a particularly clueless relative, but I would *never* consider Tente to be a Lego clone, any more than I would consider (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: "Clone" definition? And a question...

(...) Well, there is a spectrum which makes it hard to put a line, though I'd propose 5 categories of non-LEGO construction sets: Clone: has bricks with the same dimensions as LEGO bricks Mega Bloks, Tyco, Coko (I think) Compatible: has components (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact