 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 149
Re: Tente?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 20:48:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Jeremy Sproat writes:
Joseph Gonzalez wrote:
I thought Tente had bitten the dust but the guy that is selling that Galaxy
Wars set on ebay told me it was released just a couple of weeks ago (the
five-digit identifying number IS unique).  Perhaps the company is thriving • (or
at least on a respirator) in Europe.

Ooooh, man.  If they're still making and selling models of naval ships, I am
*so* there.

Here is a copy of an interesting letter Chris McGough received.  It sort of
contradicts the possibility that Tente is still doing business.

Hopefully, they only put the name out, not the business...

Cheers,
- jsproat

--

I saw a Mega-Blocks battleship the other day at TRU- cheap I think only about
$20. Looked pretty cool, just not LEGO, and I can't imagine starting a

Chris