 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 145
Re: Tente?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 18:47:37 GMT

I don't know how the company is doing any longer, but in my opinion, it is the
best Lego clone.  I got a Tente Greyhound Bus in 1979; it had some really
fantastice pieces, pieces that I with that Lego would make, such as rounded
sloping tiles.

I had a little boat that they made; it was a Destroyer or something smiliar. I
loved the little lifeboat pieces, and the tiny dual-barrelled cannon that it
had. I wonder whatever happened to that? I'll have to ask my mom...

One thing that I thought was fantastic about Tente was that they had holes in
the middle of the pegs, so that antennae and such could be stuck in them. The
antennae were pretty cool, too; with pre-formed radar shapes and a plethora of
aerials.

-Cheese