 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 146
Re: Lion Brand?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 19:18:21 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Franks writes:

I found a small box of an old-looking squishy-block Lego-Clone in Goodwill.
The bricks all have vertical serrations and the packaging looks as if it
dates from the 60's or 70's! I'm guessing that it isn't actually that old,
but I really don't know anything about it! Has anyone else heard of them?

Richard

Are the 2x4 bricks about 3/4 inch (1.5cm) by 1 1/2 inch (almost 4 cm) and
about 1/4 inch (1 cm) high? With tiny little knobs? I used to have several of
these (legacy from older siblings) mixed in with the more ancient Legos in my
collection. The vertical serrations on the edges were supposed to make them
look more like real bricks when you used them to build a house. I don't recall
what they were called, but I know of what you speak.

-Cheese