 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 147
Re: Tente?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 20:19:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Bryan Wong writes:
What is the status of Tente anyways?  What I mean is, is that company doing
well, or are they just barely surviving?  The reason is, when I was younger
(like 10 years ago!) I saw that stuff around, but now I never see it anymore.

I thought Tente had bitten the dust but the guy that is selling that Galaxy
Wars set on ebay told me it was released just a couple of weeks ago (the
five-digit identifying number IS unique).  Perhaps the company is thriving (or
at least on a respirator) in Europe.

Here is a copy of an interesting letter Chris McGough received.  It sort of
contradicts the possibility that Tente is still doing business.  Chris passed
the letter to me stating that he received it while he was investigating Tente
on the web.  (Thanks, Chris!)
Dear Chris, this refers to your querie to our US-subsidiary.
Please note the background story briefly as follows:

We - TENTE Germany - are a manufacturer of castors & wheels for any mobile
application such like shopping carts + hospital beds, for example.
Our brand name "TENTE" is protected worldwide related to "mobile products".

Many years ago a company from Spain started to produce the mentioned toys
and they used "TENTE" as a Logo/brand name for their products too, because
this toys had simple wheels too, and they want to use our name because TENTE's
famous reputation on castors & wheels. At that time we complained to that
spanish maker and the matter also went to court.

Finally this company (Exin-lines) was not allowed to use our brand name for
their products.

This is the whole story in few words. Please be informed, that we have
nothing to do with the business of toys.

Should you need any further information on our products - castors + wheels
- you are kindly invited to visit our US-colleagues through the net.

Best regards from Germany
TENTE-ROLLEN

Dirk Bühren
Sales Manager Overseas