 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 163
Re: Yes Tente
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 22:10:21 GMT

Christopher Lannan wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Bryan Wong writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Christopher Lannan writes:

Hehe believe it or not, I have an aircraft carrier about the length of your
keyboard... I'm wondering if I should sell it, and use that money to buy • some
non-military themed building blocks... :)

I think I remeber that ship from well over ten years ago. I saw it in one of
those specialty toy stores that only sell expensive, tasteful European toys
like Brio blocks and those metal soldiers. Does it hace little Jet planes on
it? It was very cool and I remeber wanting it badly.

Yep it has little white jet planes, a bit smaller than your typical minifig.
I think you're remembering correctly!  :)  When I have an opportunity, I'll
try to post a picture of it.

Bryan
If you're serious about selling it, I'd probably be interested, just because I
have often thought about it and it would have nostalgia value.

I've still got a bag of Tente--a couple of destroyers and the little aircraft
carrier with the propellor planes and the "motor launch" among others.  If someone
really has a need for Tente, I can bring 'em back with me at Thanksgiving time.  I
loved those--but they became impossible to get so I stopped collecting them.
Yeah, the 5" DPs were really nice, but I wanted the HG turrets and never got 'em.
:(

LFB.