 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 150
Re: Tente?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 21:19:37 GMT

Christopher Lannan wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Jeremy Sproat writes:
Ooooh, man.  If they're still making and selling models of naval ships, I am
*so* there.
I saw a Mega-Blocks battleship the other day at TRU- cheap I think only about
$20. Looked pretty cool, just not LEGO, and I can't imagine starting a
collection of even more construction toys, and I would never mix brands, even
if they're compatible, but it was cool looking. Notably- it looks like the
hull is made out of bricks instead of one big piece.

You don't understand.  Tente ships were *cool*.  They looked good.  And there
were a lot of them.

I've seen the Megablocks crapola they try to pass off as a ship.  It's nowhere
even close to what Tente put out.  It's too big, blocky, and severely lacking
in features.  That, and Megablock pieces stick together about as well as
teflon.

Cheers,
- jsproat