 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1506
  Probuilder Toys R Us sets warning

Hello everyone. I recently purchased the Mega Bloks Probuilders NYC Fire Engine. I highly recommend not purchasing the set, or at least ensuring you have all the pieces so that you are not disappointed like myself. I went to post a review of the set (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.town, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny)

  Re: Probuilder Toys R Us sets warning

(...) <snip> I bought three of these sets, two from one TRU, the other from a different one in the California Bay Area. They all went together great, no missing parts or anything close to that, in fact I had a bunch of extra parts. The sets were the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Probuilder Toys R Us sets warning

(...) With respect, I must happily report an experience entirely in contrast to yours. I'm sorry for the hassle you've encountered; not only did my 9735 have all the listed pieces and then some, but I've also never had that problem with any (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.town, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny)

  Re: Probuilder Toys R Us sets warning

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, the following was written by Dave! (...) OMG Dave! Thats' more than the number of sets of that other brand that some of us own! (Okay, not me, but I'm sure some of us....) I can't decide whether I'm more astounded (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Probuilder Toys R Us sets warning

(...) I'm just holding them for a friend. I mean, someone planted them on me. Um. I can stop any time I want. Honest. I mean it. Really. Dave! (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Probuilder Toys R Us sets warning

Yeah, yeah. Always the same lame excuses. I'm bored to death to hear them. YOU ARE ADDICTED. Confess it and you will make the first step on the way of salvation! ;-) Cheers Ervino (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Probuilder Toys R Us sets warning

(...) That's what I told the ride attendant at Steel Force (located in Dorney Park, Allentown PA) as I climbed into the front row seats for my 5th straight ride on a wet and misty day with hardly anyone else in the park. She just laughed. She knew (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Probuilder Toys R Us sets warning

(...) I used to work at that fine establishment, lo these many years ago. While working stock and maintenance, I once had the pleasure of seeing a 5-gallon bucket of pickle chips fall off of a moving golf cart and explode. And another thing--for at (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Probuilder Toys R Us sets warning

(...) Whatever you do, don't think of elephants. (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Dorney Park

What is the name of the little wooden coaster there? I got to like it a lot, because the line was so short (unlike the big coasters and all the food lines.) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Probuilder Toys R Us sets warning

(...) The first step is to admit the problem! That way you can get the help you desperatly need. Have faith, there are people that can help. :p e. (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Dorney Park

(...) They have a big woody built 1989 called Hercules, it has a good view of Steel Phantom. They also have a good woody called Thunderhawk which is in front of Steel Phantom. Very cute. I think this might be the one you mean... built 1923 (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Dorney Park

Yeah I think it's Thunderhawk. On a decent weather evening lines are a problem, but I got a lot of rides on this one when the crowd was just enough to fill the cars up again. After a few, I bit my cheek on the first drop, then it wasn't so fun. (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Probuilder Toys R Us sets warning

(...) My experience is similar, but not quite identical. Of course I only have 55 Megabloks sets (including 23 battleships and 4 aircraft carriers). :-( If I remember correctly, one of the battleship sets had the wrong bag of parts in it. I think it (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Probuilder Toys R Us sets warning

Wow, Dorney Park is only about 40 minutes (in good traffic) from my house. Doesn't that mean we are within driving distance of one another? Or am I missing something and you don't actually live near there? (after all 85' 86' 87' is a little ways (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Probuilder Toys R Us sets warning

(...) have (...) with (...) that (...) anything (...) painlessly (...) Actually the first Aircraft Carrier I bought had and extra pack of 8x8 plates. :-) Now that was awesome. When I finnally bought another it did not have the extra plates but no (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Probuilder Toys R Us sets warning

(...) Not sure if you're talking to me or Dave! But I can tell you this, I live in Grand Rapids MI, and I think Pittsburgh is home to Dave! Hope that helps! (And I only *seem* excited!) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Probuilder Toys R Us sets warning

(...) Well both. (...) Ah, so not quite driving distance. :-) (...) Yes Thanks. (...) Huh? -Mike Petrucelli (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Sentences containing Dave!

(...) Every sentence in that post ended with an exclamation point, not a period! As you know, the exclamation point has to go at the end of a sentence and is usually used to denote excitement! Except, of course, when you're talking about Dave! You (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Sentences containing Dave!

(...) 86' (...) Well I kind of figured it had something to do with Dave! I didn't really catch on the exclamation point at the end of every sentance though. (...) :-) ! -Mike Petrucelli (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Sentences containing Dave!

(...) Rats. I get no exclamation point after my name: Dave. I just get to put a period after Dave. This is just no fun whatsoever saying Dave. Unless, of course, I'm talking about Dave! But then, that's not me--just little old Dave. Oh well. Then (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)