 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1508
Re: Probuilder Toys R Us sets warning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.town, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 03:49:14 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Christopher J. Dean writes:

I highly recommend you DO NOT BUY [the big fire engine] SET! If you still want to
buy this set, I recommend you go to a brick & mortar Toys R Us so that you can
easily take it back to the store, instead of paying a large amount for
shipping the set back to the distribution center.

If anyone from Toys R Us or Amazon is reading this, I recommend you send the
send all three Toys R Us exclusive Probuilders sets back to Mega Bloks so
they can correct the problem.  Then, I will be the first one in line for
this set.

  With respect, I must happily report an experience entirely in contrast to
yours.  I'm sorry for the hassle you've encountered; not only did my 9735 have
all the listed pieces and then some, but I've also never had that problem with
any MegaBloks set I've purchased.  As a conservative estimate I would say that
I own in excess of 200 MegaBloks sets, none of which has been missing anything
more substantial than a 2x4 brick.  Actually, I did once have trouble with
missing instructions from the big Mustang model, but that error was painlessly
corrected for me by TRU.
  Again, I'm sorry that you drew the short straw in your purchase, but my
feeling is that you ran into a string of bad luck.  I intend to purchase at
least one more copy of this set, and at least one of each of the other TRU
exclusives.  If I notice any parts missing, I'll be sure to post an update.

   Thanks for the warning, though.

    Dave!