 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1506
1505  |  1507
Subject:
Probuilder Toys R Us sets warning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.town, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 01:23:58 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello everyone.  I recently purchased the Mega Bloks Probuilders NYC Fire
Engine.  I highly recommend not purchasing the set, or at least ensuring you
have all the pieces so that you are not disappointed like myself.  I went to
post a review of the set on Amazon.com, but I doubt they will post it.  Here
is my review for you to decide whether you want to both with this set.
I purchased this set due to the excellent design, my love of fire engines,
and, as a New Yorker, I loved the set the second I saw it.

I knew from previous experience that Mega Bloks sets are not of the same
quality as Legos, but this set was too awesome looking to not buy it.

While putting together my set, I noticed some pieces were missing while
assembling the set.  A little disappointed, I went backed to Toys R US to
exchange the set.  The Toys R Us staff was more than helpful in exchanging
the set.

When I returned with my new set, I went through making sure I had all the
pieces in the set.  The first page of the instructions has pictures of all
the pieces, including a piece count.

While doing so, I noticed I had two bags of the same pieces.  I figured it
was a mistake by the manufacturing plant, and was happy I would have extra
pieces.  Unfortunately, in order to get the extra pieces, I sacrificed
another bag that would have pieces I need to construct the set.

So once again, I exchanged the set.  This time, I was going through the bags
full of pieces and noticed the same problem.  Duplicate bags of the same
pieces, and a missing bag of pieces necessary pieces.

Long story short, AFTER 3 EXCHANGES TO 3 DIFFERENT STORES, I will have to
return the set.  I wish this was not the case, because the model looks like
a great set.  I feel that Mega Bloks is to blame.  I think the order for the
three huge exclusive  Toys R Us Probuilder sets was too much for the Mega
Bloks company and plant to handle.  I will probably buy this set when I feel
that Mega Bloks has corrected its problems.

I highly recommend you DO NOT BUY THIS SET!!!!  If you still want to buy
this set, I recommend you go to a brick & mortar Toys R Us so that you can
easily take it back to the store, instead of paying a large amount for
shipping the set back to the distribution center.

If anyone from Toys R Us or Amazon is reading this, I recommend you send the
send all three Toys R Us exclusive Probuilders sets back to Mega Bloks so
they can correct the problem.  Then, I will be the first one in line for
this set.

I hope this was helpful.  Happy building.