 Off-Topic / Fun / 9856
Re: Dorney Park
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:06:35 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Erik Olson writes:
What is the name of the little wooden coaster there? I got to like it a lot,
because the line was so short (unlike the big coasters and all the food >lines.)

They have a big woody built 1989 called Hercules, it has a good view of
Steel Phantom. They also have a good woody called Thunderhawk which is in
front of Steel Phantom. Very cute. I think this might be the one you mean...
built 1923

http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/coasters/yellowpages/coasters/thunderhawk_dorney.shtml

It still has PTC cars but they're by no means original, they have dividers
and seatbelts. Sigh.

It has good airtime in the bunnyhops on the way back to the station but I
found it a bit rough. Good for 6 reps in 20 minutes though, and nowhere near
as rough as Mean Streak at CP. (Cedar Fair parks seem to have rough coasters
for some reason)

When I was there there were no lines for anything except the mouse. The
virtue of a day when it's predicted to rain and be really cold, I guess.