 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1397 (-10)
  Re: Coko Bricks sighting in Sweden

(...) quality Coko bricks of a few years ago or the current not-so-good quality Shifty/Coko bricks? Dave! (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.loc.se)

  Coko Bricks sighting in Sweden

Found in Biltema's new catalog: (URL) pics in the printed version than online) /Tore (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Shifty, Coko found in Canada

The really sad part of this whole thing is that people are BUYING it. This, of course, makes the less reputable stores just order MORE of it... Sigh... Don't buy it. Report the store location to LEGO. Dean (...) such (...) copyright (...) here? (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock still sucks

(...) snip (...) I got this set and a few other Best-Lock sets just 'cause i think they're cool, different style sets & I don't try to mix them with Lego. I agree completely that making them more compatible, out of better plastic, with better (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: DRAGONS ROCKS!!! Puns unavoidable, not truly sorry :o)

(...) I agree with you that they aren't 'brick-line' but they are SO SO COOL! I love the figures. They got that D&D look and seem very evil and sinester. The bricks are okay not LEGO mind you but the prices are so good. Up until yesterday I had (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted

(...) I have it but have never put the batteries in to see how they sound. I'll try to remember to make mention of it at such a time as I do. One interesting thing about the set is that the manual includes a list of all the lines spoken by the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted

(...) Did you (or anyone) actually get the Mines of Moria? As I understand it the baseplate can electronically activate the figs to talk, and I was wondering how the voices sounded (usually voices on items like that sound so dorky I can't stand it). (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted

I emailed Playmates Toys asking if there were new sets. I got a reply saying that no, the LOTR sets were out of production but Toys R Us might still have them. Silly me, of course they would not tell me about new product plans, but unless new items (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted

Wondering if Intelliblox has plans for another round of LOTR sets, I notice our friend Marz Distribution listing a "Starter Set" for August 2002 pre-order. Its shelf price looks about $12. Last year we got 3 $20 Sampler Sets, 2 Deluxe $30-40, and (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: How good does it have to be?

(...) Good enough to stick together reliably. My definition of reliable is that if I push a model partly off the edge of the table, it shouldn't crumble and fall apart from its own weight, even if it's not completed. (that happened to me with the MB (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact