 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1388
Re: How good does it have to be?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 12:31:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Chris Rudesill writes:

Here's my question: How good does it have to be?

Good enough to stick together reliably.

My definition of reliable is that if I push a model partly off the edge of
the table, it shouldn't crumble and fall apart from its own weight, even if
it's not completed. (that happened to me with the MB ProBuilder sub)

My definition of reliable also includes not having to try several
(supposedly identical) bricks in a particular location to find one that fits
correctly (neither too tight so it won't go nor too loose so it won't stay).

Coko (and Shifty, et al.) and Best Lock are miles and miles away...way worse
than MB. Although better than those, even MB has a way to go before their
repeatability is high enough to cross the above hurdles...

Good enough to stick together reliably.

Excepting Tyco, none of the clones cut it.