 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1142
Re: Prancing Pony $7.44 at Target (Was Re: Review of LotRs Prancing Pony)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:12:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
... Further, the quality of the plastic is great.  I'd never examined
Tandem bricks before, but they appear to be of nearly equal quality to LEGO
bricks, and certainly on par with TYCO Superblocks.  The colors are rich and
the bricks connect solidly to one another.  [ ... ]

Maggie Cambron writes:
I too am impressed by the quality.  Plus it was extremely well packaged, so
pieces don't tend to move around and get scuffed like LEGO pieces [ ... ]

Kevin Johnston writes:
I like the bricks, but the large plates are lame-- poor binding quality.
(e.g. the plates that form the base of the two part of the Ferry bind very
poorly to the bricks that form the base).

My 8-year-old begged to build the Ferry set and found the same thing-- the
bricks don't hold onto the bottom of the 8x16 plates well at all!

BTW that reminds me, a while back when everyone was wondering about the anchor
clones, I noticed that of the ones I had picked up here and there, virtually
all the 1x1 bricks had cracks in the sides.

Maggie