 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1140
Re: Prancing Pony $7.44 at Target (Was Re: Review of LotRs Prancing Pony)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 07:41:55 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
... Further, the quality of the plastic is great.  I'd never examined Tandem
bricks before, but they appear to be of nearly equal quality to LEGO bricks,
and certainly on par with TYCO Superblocks.  The colors are rich and the
bricks connect solidly to one another.  [ ... ]

Maggie Cambron writes:
I too am impressed by the quality.  Plus it was extremely well packaged, so
pieces don't tend to move around and get scuffed like LEGO pieces [ ... ]

I like the bricks, but the large plates are lame-- poor binding quality.
(e.g. the plates that form the base of the two part of the Ferry bind very
poorly to the bricks that form the base).

Interesting colors, too.  I like the flecked orange-tan in the Isengard set.

Kevin