 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1087 (-20)
  Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted

(...) <SNIP> In case anyone is interested, I noticed 3 or 4 of these sets at the local WM today. I think they are a new item just arrived for Christmas. Check your local WM, they may have them. Ray (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TYCO Calculator?

Cool! Never heard of the calculator before. I'd love to see a picture of it. I recall I made an mechanical addition machine for numbers up to 50 (or was it 40?) when I was in my early teens. So Tyco wasn't first. :o) BTW, I've bought an alarm clock (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  TYCO Calculator?

I recently acquired one of these via eBay, and I'd have to say it's every bit as cool as the legendary phone. It's in the same green-and-black scheme and has the same brick drawer for important storage. It's just a basic eight-digit display and no (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO in Hong Kong and China

(...) No, my memory seems to play tricks with me. I could have sworn that the Swedish word "gåshud" (litt. "goose-skin") was idiomatically translated to "duckskin", but both my dictionary and your reply prove me wrong. The only explaination I have (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO in Hong Kong and China

(...) Is "duckskin" Swedish for "goosebumps"? Cool!! Those shelves of bootleg classic sets looked amazing too -- I wonder what the quality of the plasic/molding is like. --DaveL (who won't say what duckskun means in New Zealander) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: The Nam-shub of Enki (was Re: One of my issues with the god of the old testament)

(...) Save early and often, Dave! It's not the law, just a good idea. (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO in Hong Kong and China

(...) You mean a truly "cloned" army! The very thought makes me get duckskin. /Tore (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  MegaBloks site finally updated!

They've adopted a new format, and they seem to include most of the newer sets, including the Sea Wolf but not the Mustang. Hmm... I notice that none of the MegaModelz sets are featured--I've been wondering if those might be Wal-Mart exclusives, (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO in Hong Kong and China

(...) I hate to say this, but massive "replica" Lego castle sets for $5? I want to go to China and build a bootleg army... (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: What brand is this?

(...) I have a few of those stores in my area--I'll check their supply. (...) If you're talking about ATCO, then you're right, and one cannot say enough bad things about them. Thank you, Maggie and Aaron, for the information. I won that second (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO in Hong Kong and China

There are many big store to sell LEGO sets in Shanghai, but price is double than in USA. I just went to there past October, I bought two of 6520 in 50% discount price. Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO in Hong Kong and China

(...) There are many store to sell LEGO sets in Shanghai, I just went to there last October, I bought two 6520 in 50% discount, but in fact this price is similar with price in USA. Then 9747 is about CNY2,888. Zhengrong (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  LEGO in Hong Kong and China

I visited Hong Kong and China recently. I visited many stores that sell toys and here is what I found: Hong Kong Only large department stores and Toys'R'Us sell LEGO. Most store have very nice display of completed sets, and they usually have (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.hk, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  MB Extreme Sports X Mountain-- shades of Rocky River Retreat

I figured I'd mention this while I was slumming here in .clones. j/k! Target has this set on sale this week for $16.73, and the picture in the flyer makes me think of one of my all-time favorite sets, 6552 Rocky River Retreat, which I paid something (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: What brand is this?

(...) BTW I believe Markson Products supplies the dollar-type stores with cheap general merchandise, so these sets could be from stores such as those. I checked two local ones (called "Dollar Tree" IIRC) but they didn't have this brand. They had a (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: What brand is this?

(...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: More New Mega Bloks Sets and Other Info

Yes, the tank is different. The color green is the same. (...) same (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted

(...) Well, if Middle-Earth can survive those awful rotoscope animations of the 70's, then there's little damage to be done by a live-action production. Peter Jackson is an actual director with a talent both for the fantastical and for character (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted

(...) This from a text brought to my attention today: "Of course, there is no way of knowing what Tolkien would have thought of such newly written texts. It can hardly be doubted that if he ever returns from the dead, he will soon be busy with a red (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: More New Mega Bloks Sets and Other Info

(...) for (...) Wow! $23 for 10 army figs (true Mega-bloks figs are the worst quality item they make but they are still army figs) I am wondering if the tank is the same as the probuilder set or if it is a new one for that set. (Now if only there (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact